Xtream IT currently seeks experienced Data Scientists for our U.S. office to execute Data Science solutions that address client use cases and business requirements. Candidates should be able to perform data wrangling and extract exploratory insights from big data. They should have the ability to create statistical and machine learning models in multiple technologies to support client goals. Candidates are expected to create reports and presentations including descriptions of efforts, results, recommendations, and partner with engineering teams to bring solutions to life!
Required Skills and Responsibilities
- MS/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or Econometrics with 7+ years of IT experience.
- 2+ year of experience as Data Scientist
- 2+ year experience in mathematical modeling skills like classification, regression, survival analysis, recommender systems, experimentation systems (A/B testing), hypothesis testing, developing new mathematical algorithms
- Experience in predictive modeling with machine learning algorithms and numeric algorithms
- A 1 year experience in analytics for commercial products: Extract Transform and Loading (ETL), data cleaning, data normalization/mapping, predictive analytics, streaming analytics, business process management
- 1 year experience in big data technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Storm, R, Python, Structured Query Language (SQL), no-SQL databases, database analytics, and graph databases
- Understanding of probability, statistics, and linear algebra
- Solid coding skills in Python
- Excellent teamwork and communication ability
- Extensive experience with low-level programming (C, C++, Vectorization, …)
- Experience with mixed language frameworks
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Strong algorithms and data structures background
- Knowledge of modeling software (MATLAB, R, SAS, SPSS) database tools (SQL, MS Access, Excel PivotTables, MS Sql Server) and enterprise business intelligence tools such as Cognos or Business Objects or Tableau
- Comfort analyzing large data sets
What We Offer
At XtreamIT you work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting projects worldwide. It’s the intersection where diversity of our areas of practice and our people meet to discover new challenges. It’s what makes XtreamIT a great place to work and grow. XtreamIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.